-
June 8th, 2000, 11:42 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I have a 94 Civic w/ a 96 LS motor. I am probably going to have Acura of Lynnwood (Seattle) install my supercharger for me b/c they are way cheaper than anyone else and they warranty their work. The also said that if I don't install an integra radiator they would not warranty anything. I didn't say anything at the time so as not to appear like I have an attitude.
Is the LS radiator larger than a Civic one? I know the GSR radiator is. It is a 94 civic coupe EX. Thanks in advance.
------------------
94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
Supercharger on the way?
-
June 9th, 2000, 12:08 AM
#2
Inactive Member
Yes, the Integra radiator is bigger. They are not trying to screw you, they are just trying to cover their asses, and avoid any claims. You are already running a larger engine than the raiadtor was designed for. Throw a supercharger in the mix, and you are talking about a lot of heat, for your cooling capacity. It is also a good idea for engine longevity.
-
June 9th, 2000, 12:58 AM
#3
Inactive Member
-
June 9th, 2000, 01:57 AM
#4
Inactive Member
-
June 9th, 2000, 07:48 AM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
I keep the 4 row Fluidyne Aluminum radiators in stock for your car... you cannot buy a better piece anywhere !!! It will keep you really "cool"... and it bolts in without any modifications.
Price is $459.00 plus shipping.
------------------
'93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph
-
June 9th, 2000, 09:36 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Are those Fluidynes much more thicker than stock? Just wondering if it will fit the clearance for us turbo people....
-
June 9th, 2000, 10:52 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Throw in a del sol radiator and install an oil cooler too. You'll be fine.-and save cash !
------------------
'96 JR6 GSR Sedan (black currant pearl)
'93 Honda CBR 900RR
-------------------------
4Sale:New Holley 255 fuel pump kit
#12-906 (Integra/civic)
$180 shipped COD
-
June 9th, 2000, 11:52 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Jim,
$459 is kind of out of my price range. After $2450 for the blower, $550 for install I will be a little strapped. Plus it is about time for a shiny piece of jewelry for my girlfriend. What to do, what to do.
Is the Del Sol radiator a reasonable alternative?
------------------
94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
Supercharger on the way?
-
June 10th, 2000, 01:46 AM
#9
Inactive Member
I can ship you a GSR radiator for cheap! It's off of my car which has 58K. Nothing is wrong with it and it is ready to ship. email me if interested at [email protected] until Monday the 12th. Thereafter, use the email in my profile.
Lithiasis
[This message has been edited by Lithiasis (edited June 09, 2000).]
-
June 10th, 2000, 02:51 AM
#10
Senior Hostboard Member
CQ... mounting thickness is 1 7/8". Make some measurements around your current set-up to see if you have room.
Fastfour... save up !!! Buy the wife some Jewelry and then get a radiator. I'm not going anywhere... there is plenty of time.
------------------
'93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks